I 'm sure we all had bad experiences getting our brows or our eyelash extensions done... Especially in L.A. where a lot of people wants to break into the business without a great know-how or years of experience! Esme has been doing lashes for over 10 years, selects carefully her products and make sure all of her clients are in good hands =)
I have heard so many stories of girlfriends going to get their lashes wherever, and ending up being extremely dissatisfied: waking up in the morning with glued lashes, their natural lashes becoming so weak and short, the synthetic lashes falling apart after a week... You name it!
Each week, we will give you some tips about the Do's and Don'ts of Eyelash Extensions as part of our Lash Education series =)
The Do's !
- Check your eyelash artist's resume! How many years in the business? Who trained her? Esme is a certified trainer from JB LASHES and she recommends them highly, as well as the company Xtreme Lashes.
- You usually get what you pay for! Check the price list and if a full Set is offered under $100, you can be sure you won't be happy with the results...
- Check the length of the treatment: if they promise you a full set in half-hour or less, high are the chances it will be clusters and not real one-by-one (or 3-by-one with the 3-D technique!) last extensions.
- Ask what kind of glue they use: regardless of the skills of your beauty artist, if she uses the wrong kind of products, your lashes wont look good and/or won't last! We will talk next week about the brands Esme recommends.
- Ask your friends for their personal references! It is what for girlfriends are here for=)
The Don't s!
- Rush to the inexperienced lady at your nail salon down the street!
- Go to the Spa/ Steam room in the 24 hours following the treatment.
- Damage your natural lashes with Cluster lashes.
- Put your regular mascara on right after you full set has been applied. There is no need!
- Don't pull them! Resist! Use the little soft brush Esme give you every other mornings to give them shape again.
- Don't use oily make-up remover, even a creamy one or a regular wipe is not recommended. We highly recommend using Physiological Micellar Solution to clean your face and remove all of your make-up. We particularly recommend the one from La Roche-Posay. We also sell special make-up remover wipes at the Salon.